I’m currently a first year junior cyclist holding a 2nd category licence within the UK. I currently race for Mid Devon cycling Club who have supported me majorly this season. I’ve recently branched out and began racing abroad and in bigger races. Something that I plan to do a lot more of in 2018 and as a 2nd year junior cyclist.
The aim for me is to maximise my cycling performance and hopefully turn professional cyclist. This will be hard but I enjoy a challenge.
The 2017 season on the whole has been a good season for me. I had a few early season crashes which hampered early season performance a bit but I still feel it was a good start of season.
Most notable results of 2017
- 1st overall Tour of Milburys 2017 (Cat 2/3)
- 20th overall Rondes des Vallees UCI 2.1 stage race
- 21st overall Junior Tour of Basque country stage race
- 2nd in Junior national 25 mile TT. 49.18 PB
- 12th and 1st in KOM competition in Grand Prix de Cherves 2017, final round of French national series
- 10 mile tt PB of 19.52 on the s4/10
In 2018 I will also be racing for Soenens Booom based in Belgium. This will be a big opportunity for me to race in the biggest junior races and I cannot wait!